Howard Rosen, Esq.
Howard Rosen, Esq. is a shareholder (partner) of the law firm of Donlevy-Rosen & Rosen, P.A. His notable publications include the BNA Tax Management Portfolio titled “Asset Protection Planning” (1994, 2002), of which he is a founding author. Due to Howard’s extensive experience with offshore asset protection planning and the related tax issues, he is regarded as an authority on the subjects among his peers.
Howard is a member of the Florida Bar, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and an “AV” rated attorney.
Howard Rosen is an “AV” rated Attorney and Certified Public Accountant practicing law in Miami, Florida, as a shareholder in the firm of Donlevy-Rosen & Rosen, P.A. Donlevy-Rosen & Rosen, P.A. is listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. Mr. Rosen was an Adjunct Professor and lecturer at law at the University of Miami School of Law (1991 – 2010), a guest lecturer at the University of Miami School of Business Administration, and is an internationally recognized authority and frequent lecturer on the subjects of asset protection, taxation, and estate planning.
Mr. Rosen concentrates his law practice in advanced asset protection planning and related matters. Admitted to practice law in 1974, his experience includes estate planning, corporate and personal tax planning, foreign tax planning, and other tax related matters.
Education & Credentials
Juris Doctor, University of Miami
- Summa Cum Laude honors, ranked second in class
Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Miami
- Magna Cum Laude honors
Admitted to the Florida Bar
Certified Public Accountant
Contributing Author: ABA Practical Guide To Estate Planning: Chapter Title: “Asset Protection Trusts – What You Should Know” (2011 American Bar Association)
Editor & Publisher: The Asset Protection News™ (1992 – Present)
Co-Author: “U.S. Taxation of Foreign Estates, Trusts and Beneficiaries” (2008, BNA Tax Management Portfolio)
Founding & Co-Author: “Asset Protection Planning” (1994, 2002; BNA Tax Management Portfolio)
Co-Author: “Asset Protection With Offshore Trusts” (2008; Lorman Education Services)
Co-Author: “Demystifying Asset Protection Vehicles” (2007; Lorman Education Services)
Co-Author: “An A to Z Guide to the Fundamentals of Asset Protection In Florida” (2005; Lorman Education Services)
Co-Author: “Unraveling the Mystery of Asset Protection Vehicles in Florida” (2004; Lorman Education Services)
Co-Author: “Asset Protection Techniques in Florida” (2001; 2003; Lorman Education Services)
Co-Author: “Asset Preservation Techniques in Florida”; (1996; Lorman Education Services)
Mr. Rosen has also published numerous articles in professional and academic journals such as the University of Miami Law Review, the Asset Protection Journal, Journal of Asset Protection, Taxes Magazine, Journal of Taxation of Investments, University of Miami Business Law Journal, CCH Financial and Estate Planning, Tax Management’s Estates, Gifts and Trusts Journal, BNA Tax Management Portfolios, Estate Planning, Taxation for Lawyers, Taxation for Accountants, International Tax Report, Small Business Taxation, and others.
Professional Associations and Accolades
- Member of BNA Tax Management’s Advisory Board on Estates, Gifts and Trusts (1994 – present)
- Board of Advisors of the Southpac Offshore Planning Institute (SOPI)
- Asset Protection Planning Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the ABA
- Tax and International Law Sections of the Florida Bar
- Tax and International Law Sections of the American Association of Attorney – Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Advisors of Aspen Publishers’ Asset Protection Journal (1999 – 2001)
- Board of Advisors of Warren, Gorham & Lamont’s Journal of Asset Protection (1995 – 2000)
- Board of Governors of the Florida Institute of CPAs (1997-1999)
- President (1998 -1999) and Director (1991 – 2000) of the South Dade Chapter of the Florida Institute of CPAs
- Outstanding Discussion Leader award from the Florida Institute of CPA’s
- Charter member of the Planned Giving Advisory Council of the Baptist Hospital of Miami Foundation